Tanimura & AntleCovid-19 Communications
FREE AND VOLUNTARY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
The COVID-19 virus has created a worldwide pandemic directly threatening the health and safety of everyone in its path, including employees who may become exposed in the workplace.
Since the start of the pandemic, Tanimura & Antle has been proactive to implement protective measures to provide and maintain a hazard-free workplace. With the approval of the safe and effective vaccines against COVID-19 in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and all of our local health departments are strongly recommending that all who are able be vaccinated as it is the strongest tool currently available to fight against severe illness and death caused by the coronavirus.
The Company has followed the guidance from the CDC and its local health departments throughout this pandemic. Accordingly, in light of the impending availability of COVID-19 vaccinations for essential workers like our food and agricultural employees, Tanimura & Antle encourages all willing and able employees to be vaccinated when the vaccine becomes available. TO BE CLEAR, THE ULTIMATE CHOICE TO BE VACCINATED IS UP TO EACH EMPLOYEE. Tanimura & Antle is NOT mandating that its employees receive the COVID-19 vaccine. The efforts made by the Company to advise on the availability of a COVID-19 vaccine and or to facilitate an appointment to get the vaccine should not be interpreted as requiring any employee to get it. Getting the vaccine is an employee’s VOLUNTARY decision.
All vaccines are cost-free to every person electing to receive the vaccine.
Employees may request time off to go to a vaccination appointment and may use any available paid sick leave if they are receiving the vaccination when they would otherwise be working.
REMINDER: Employees must continue to wear a face covering and follow all safety protocols, such as social distancing and additional daily handwashing, at all times, even if the employee has been vaccinated.
All employees should understand that no one will be retaliated against for declining to be vaccinated when the opportunity presents itself. This is a personal decision that the Company will respect.
This policy is intended to further safeguard the health and well-being of employees and their families in the community from infectious conditions that might be mitigated through the receipt of an effective vaccination for COVID-19.
Thank you for your cooperation in making your work environment safe and healthful.
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Coronavirus & Workplace Guidelines
Coronavirus y Guías Para El Lugar De Trabajo
- Refer to the websites for the CDC and your local health department for guidance on self-care and for caring for others that may be sick. While these directives allow people to commute to jobs deemed essential, including those employed in the food and agriculture industry, there are precautions issued for those that are at higher risk of developing more serious complications from the COVID-19 illness. Educate yourself and make informed decisions.
- Local Services Please go to your local health department’s website for more information.
- Free On-line Doctor Visits in Monterey County. For residents in Monterey County, the Montage medical group is providing FREE online doctor visits regarding the COVID-19. If you believe that you are suffering from symptoms of the COVID-19, go to montagehealth.com and select Free COVID-19 eVisit.
- Deciding to Go Out (CDC)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Resource Page
- FDA-Food Safety and the COVID-19 Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- FDA Consumer Advice
- PMA COVID-19 Food Safety FAQs
- United Fresh COVID-19 Resources for Industry
- Western Growers COVID-19 Resources for Industry
- California Guidance for Face Coverings (June 18)
- Covid 19 Helpers (A Childrens Book)
- Social Circle Guidance
- Living in Close Quarters
- Tips for the New Normal
- Proper Face Mask Use and Removal
- Recommendations for Holiday Gatherings
- What to Expect at Your Vaccine Appointment